Posts made in November, 2013

Submitting registrations

Posted by on Nov 12, 2013 in Blog

• I sent off the Oregon DOJ charitable organizations registration. They also wanted copies of the signed bylaws and articles of incorporation.
  • I’ve started work on IRS Form 1023, so we can be recognized as a 501(c)(3). The fee is $850. I’ve emailed the group asking if they can help out with the cost.
  • The IRS has a new interactive form for filling out Form 1023. It’s located at www.stayexempt.irs.gov/. I’ve completed the steps on this site and downloaded the interactive form.
Learn More

Board Meeting 11/10/2013 Minutes

Posted by on Nov 10, 2013 in Board Meetings

Start Time: 10:54 AM

End Time: 11:04 AM

Attendees: Jake Plahn, Kelly Harris, Dionne Plahn

Agenda Items

• Schedule next meeting
    • December 30th 11:00 AM
  • Approve bylaws
    • The bylaws were explained and signed
  • Treasurers report
    • Dionne explained we are at $0

Action Items

• None
Learn More

Information from Lowell

Posted by on Nov 9, 2013 in Blog

I received an email from Walt Hanline the superintendent at Lowell this morning. It contained the following information:

• He has asked an attorney (Andrea Hungerford) to review the proposal.
  • Walt and Andrea don’t believe that the charter proposal is complete.
  • Walt has asked Andrea to take the lead in negotiating/assisting me in completing the details that they will need to approve the charter.
  • He asked me to get in touch with Andrea.
  • Andrea has the authority to agree to the aspects of the proposal as Walt’s representative.
  • The goal is to update the proposal, so that it is complete and Walt can tell the board that he and Andrea recommend approval.

I emailed Walt letting him know that I would get in touch with Andrea.

Andrea and I have agreed to meet on Friday 11/5.

Learn More

Board Meeting 11/10/2013 Agenda

Posted by on Nov 9, 2013 in Board Meetings

Mountain View Academy will be holding a board meeting on Sunday 11/10/2013. Please post any additional agenda items as comments to this page. The “Submit a Comment” form is located at the bottom of this page.

Agenda Items

• Schedule next meeting
  • Approve bylaws
  • Treasurers report

Learn More