Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541) 735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
April 28, 2020
7:00 pm – Public Session
1.0 OPENING OF SESSION– Zoom Teleconference
1.1 Session Call to Order: 7:04pm
Julie Valencia, Board President
Beau Garner, Board Vice President
Julie Curry, Board Secretary
Rita Fisher, Board Member
Stacey Kelso, Board Member
Jessica Cardwell, Director
Laurie Cardwell, Director
- Approval of agenda – approved as written
- Approval of minutes – March 31, 2020 – minutes were approved with the modifications made in the “formal observation” section of the 3/31 meeting.
- Schedule the next meeting – May 26th, 2020 at 7pm
- Budget – Budget was reviewed and discussed
1.7 Financial Review – Board has received and reviewed their financial packet.
2.0 ACTION DISCUSSION
2.1 Activity Fee Refund Request – Activity fee reimbursement was discussed and the board decided to wait until June, when they had data to make an informed decision.
2.2 2018-2019 ADM Adjustment – we received notice from the state regarding an adjustment for the 2018 – 2019 school year. It was a negative impact on our 2019 – 2020 budget.
2.3 2019-2020 ADM Adjustment – we received notice from the state that they would be using our December 2019 numbers for ADM dispersal for the remainder of the year. We hope for a favorable adjustment in May 2021.
3.0 INFORMATION AND STUDY
3.1 Administrator’s Report
- Distance Learning update– The transition continues to be difficult, but our staff is doing amazing.
- Engaging our community – we are working on different ways to engage our community and keep the energy up. We had estimation jars, Kona Ice, a Family Talent Show (coming soon), etc.
- Preschool/PreK location search – The House has accepted our Preschool for next year. However, there were a few changes and we now have a meeting with them on 5/3.
- Grant & Budget– The SIA will not be dispersed for the 2020 – 2021 school year. We are making changes to our budget to accommodate this change.
- ODE updates
- Kindergarten Position – We announced to our staff that Erin will not be returning next year and we have filled the Kindergarten position for 2020-2021.
- Graduation/Promotion – We are working on the planning of a parade.
- Turn in/Drop off day #2. Our 3rd drive thru/pick up day is scheduled for May 19th.
- Middle School Master Schedule – we are working on updating our MS schedule to make the morning less chaotic. We want to add in a “planning period” where we teach the student how to plan their week.
Session Call to Close: meeting called to close at 8:03pm
Any documents that are public records and are provided attachments to public session items on this agenda are accessible to the public on the school’s website, with the exception of documents provided at the time of the meeting. Documents that are public records and are provided at the time of the meeting to a majority of the Board regarding a public session item, will be made available for public inspection upon request to the Administrator’s Assistant.