Board Meeting 12/30/2013 at 11:00 a.m. Agenda

Mountain View Academy will be holding a board meeting on Monday 12/30/2013 at 11:00 a.m. Please post any additional agenda items as comments to this page. The “Submit a Comment” form is located at the bottom of this page.

Agenda Items

• Review Robert’s Rules of Order
  • Treasurers report
  • Jake Plahn nominates Beau Garner for a board position
  • Using Walt’s current office as the office for our charter school
  • Adopt conflict of interest policy by resolution
  • Establish IRS Form 1023 items as resolutions
  • Notify Parents of Charter
  • Amend bylaws remove “summary of what was discussed for the agenda item”
  • Schedule next meeting

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

14 Comments

1. Here’s my agenda item – I nominate Beau Garner for a board position.

2. Another agenda item – “Using Walt’s current office as the office for our charter school”. Walt Hanline has offered up his current office for us to use as the office for the charter school. Here’s the text from his email:

“I have been looking at a good location for the Charter Office, when you are in the building. I believe that my present office is the best location for the Charter Office. It is in the front of the school and readily available to parents. I will move my office into the SPED Building that is next the Cafeteria. I will be doing so as early as January.”

3. Agenda Item: adopt conflict of interest policy by resolution

4. Agenda Item: Establish IRS Form 1023 items as resolutions:
    Do you or will the individuals that approve compensation arrangements follow a conflict of interest policy?

Do you or will you approve compensation arrangements in advance of paying compensation?

Do you or will you document in writing the date and terms of approved compensation arrangements?

Do you or will you record in writing the decision made by each individual who decided or voted on
    compensation arrangements?

Do you or will you approve compensation arrangements based on information about compensation paid by
    similarly situated taxable or tax-exempt organizations for similar services, current compensation surveys
    compiled by independent firms, or actual written offers from similarly situated organizations? Refer to the
    instructions for Part V, lines 1a, 1b, and 1c, for information on what to include as compensation.

Do you or will you record in writing both the information on which you relied to base your decision and its
    source?

5. Agenda Item – Review Robert’s Rules of Order

6. Agenda item – What is the plan to let the current parents know about the likely changes once the charter is accepted? There is some confusion about what is exactly going to happen.

7. Agenda item – amend bylaws remove “summary of what was discussed for the agenda item”

8. Dionne will send out tax receipts for the donated non profit money.

9. Beau Garner was approved for a board vacancy.

10. Conflict of Interest Policy was adopted.

11. Adopted the proposed Establish IRS Form 1023 items as resolutions

12. Amend bylaws remove “summary of what was discussed for the agenda item”

13. Scheduled next board meeting for Jan 30 at 2:00 p.m.

14. Meeting ended at 12:25 on December 30.