Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541) 735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
August 11th, 2020
MVA room #154 & via ZOOM
7:00 pm – Public Session
|The Mountain View Academy School Board encourages public input. Persons wishing to address the Board on school related issues, are invited to do so, either when the item is presented on the agenda, or under the “Public Comments” section. In the interest of time and order, presentations from the public are limited to three (3) minutes per person, and the total time for individual agenda items shall not exceed (20) minutes. An individual speaker’s allotted time may not be increased by a donation of time from members of the public in attendance. If you wish to speak under Public Comments, please complete a Public Comment Form and turn it in to Julie Curry. The Board requests complaints or charges against an employee be held in Executive Session. Individuals who require disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the Board meeting should contact the Administrator in writing prior to the meeting.|
- OPENING OF PUBLIC SESSION – ZOOM Meeting
1.1 Public Session Call to Order: 7:13pm meeting called to order
_X__ Julie Valencia, President
_X__ Beau Garner, Vice President (arrived at 7:35pm due to conflicting board meeting)
_X__ Rita Fisher, Board Member
_X__ Stacey Kelso, Board Member (Via ZOOM due to illness)
_X__ Julie Curry, Secretary
_X__ Jessica Cardwell, Director
_X__ Laurie Cardwell, Director
- 3 Approval of June & July meeting minutes – Approved as written for June & July with no changes.
- 4 Approval of agenda – Approved agenda as written.
- 5 Schedule next meeting – September 22nd, 2020 at 7pm
- 6 Budget – Board reviewed and discussed budget.
- 7 Financial Review – We have received and reviewed our financial packets.
2.0 ACTION DISCUSSION
2.1 Discuss leave time for 2020 – 2021 – Adding additional funds to the substitute pay line item was discussed, as was FFCRA leave time. FFCRA & COSA leave time information was further researched and will be attached to the document.
Rita Fischer motions to move $5,000 from the general fund to the sub pay line item. Julie Curry seconds the motion. Motion unanimously passed.
2.2 Oregon Department of Education guidance updates – the board discussed the updated guidance and the need to update facial covering wording from “recommended” to “required” with all the previously noted exceptions & exemptions already communicated to our families still in place.
3.0 INFORMATION AND STUDY
3.1 Admin report
- Communication with families
- Health and Wellness (7/28)
- Classroom & Cohorts (8/4)
- Family Engagement & Communication (8/11)
- Transportation, Food Service, & Before/After school care (8/18) *Information from Lowell
- Any other items (8/25)
- 1st day of (in – person) school is still Tuesday, September 1st. Distance Learning for the older kids will begin on Monday, September 14th. Those first two weeks will allow us to meet in person, older students will meet their teachers, learn the new routines, SEL check-ins, set families up with technology, plan individual, student schedules, and set students up for success in this new model.
- Operational Blueprint 3.0 – updates will again be made after the August guidance update. Our blueprint goes to the Lowell School Board on 8/12 and will then be submitted to the LCPH & ODE.
- Fall 2020 – walked through what we envision the start of school looking like.
- PreK guidance was supposed to come out on 8/11, it did not. Once we have the guidance in hand, we will create a plan for this group.
- School pictures are scheduled for the 1st week of school via MemBrant Photography. No retakes.
Public Session Call to Close: 8:20pm
Any documents that are public records and are provided attachments to public session items on this agenda are accessible to the public on the school’s website, with the exception of documents provided at the time of the meeting. Documents that are public records and are provided at the time of the meeting to a majority of the Board regarding a public session item, will be made available for public inspection upon request to the Administrator’s Assistant.Learn More