higher ed sponsorship

Today I updated the higher ed sponsorship section on the proposal page. They have to use the same evaluation criteria that the school board uses with one additional item. They can disapprove the proposal if it doesn’t align with their mission. The institutes main campus must also be located within 25 miles of the charter school. That leaves Lane Community College and the University of Oregon as options. Here are their mission statements:

• Lane Community College
    • Lane is the community’s college; we provide comprehensive, accessible, quality, learning-centered educational opportunities that promote student success.
  • University of Oregon
    • http://www.uoregon.edu/our-mission

We have not chosen our mission yet, but I’m confident it will align with the mission of the UofO and Lane.

The only criteria that I think a school board will be able to debate on is “Whether the value of the public charter school is outweighed by any directly identifiable, significant and adverse impact on the quality of the public education of students residing in the school district in which the public charter school will be located”. I don’t think Lane or the UO will debate on this criteria once they see our proposal.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email