Status Update

With the busyness of the summer there hasn’t been a lot of movement on the charter school. Laurie and Dionne met with the new superintendent of the Lowell School District a couple of weeks ago. He is interested in forming a partnership with our group and would like to discuss our charter school proposal. Laurie, Dave, Dionne, and I are going to meet with him and some Lowell board members tomorrow night to discuss how we can partner together.

Laurie and I met with Dave Rommel last week to review our charter school plans. He was very impressed and likes the direction that we are heading in.

I’ve updated the 2014-2015 budget based on updated information on the ODE web site. I changed the ADM/w LSD Charter label to Per student funding. I removed the ADM/W percentage. I also removed the 85% of funding. I need to do some additional research on how the percentage relates to the per student funding. I also adding a full time administrator at $68,000. This will be our first year operating a charter school and I feel that it is a good idea to set ourselves up for success by having an administrator at the school full time.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email