Job Title: Secretary
Reports To: Administrator
Role: Performs the day-to-day office activities for the school.
- 1-3 years secretarial or related office experience.
- High School diploma.
- In person interview.
- Work year consisting of 38 weeks, starting 1 week prior to the start of the school year and ending 1 week after the end of the school year.
- Work days consisting of 7:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Thursday.
- 5 annual paid sick/vacation days.
- Compensation will be $15/hour. This compensation is based on enrollment numbers. If enrollment numbers decrease the board of directors reserves the right to decrease compensation.
- Employment is at will and can be terminated by the board of directors for any reason.
- All information pertaining to student academic progress, disciplinary issues, and other information pertaining to individual students is confidential and should only be shared with parents, teachers, the administrator, and board members. An attempt should be made to keep these conversations discreet and to not have them take place in environments where others may over hear what is being discussed
- Greet visitors, answer phone calls, text messages, emails, and social media messages.
- Make photocopies for the school staff.
- Register new students, secure appropriate student records, maintain confidential student records, and transfer records for students moving to other schools.
- Maintain attendance data for each staff member, recording attendance, absences, substitutes, and other required information.
- Maintain a current school calendar of events.
- Order and maintain office and classroom supplies.
- Implement and maintain an effective accounting and inventory system for all school supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinate, train, and schedule parent volunteers.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Supervise the exclusion from school of any pupil who shows the departure from normal health, who has been exposed to a communicable disease, or whose presence may be detrimental to the health and cleanliness of other pupils.
- Maintain and account for all student activity funds and money collected from students and parents.
- Plan and facilitate school tours for prospective students and their parents.
- Provide orientation for students and parents new to the building.
- Schedules parent/teacher conferences.
- Coordinate field trips.
- Organize school wide events.
- Meet with each teacher individually before the school year starts to review a list of services that you can provide. Document the items that the teacher is interested in and perform these duties. These services include, but are not limited to report card delivery, parent communication, etc.
- Manage all aspects of accounting and payroll including providing financial statements to the board.
- Participate in our parent communication/marketing plan by performing the following items:
- 1 blog post per week.
- 1 YouTube video per week.
- 2 Facebook posts per week.
- 2 Instagram photos per week.
- Maintain a LinkedIn account.