The review and approval process is defined in OAR 581-020-0301.
- Timeline is Started: Proposal is submitted to the local school district board and the State Board of Education.
- Within 15 business days from submission date – Upon receipt of a proposal from an applicant, the school district board will ensure that the proposal addresses all of the required components as set out in ORS 338.045(2). The school district will notify the applicant as to the completeness of the proposal.
- Within 60 days after notification to the applicant that the proposal is complete: The school district board must hold a public hearing on the proposal in accordance with Oregon public meeting laws (ORS 192.610 through 192.695, 192.710, and 192.990).
- Within 30 days of the public hearing: The district school board must either approve or deny the proposal. Written notice of the decision must be sent to applicants. Such notice must include reasons and suggestions for remediation for all proposals that are denied.
- An applicant may revise and resubmit the proposal to the district school board.
- Within 20 days of receipt: The local school board must approve or disapprove the revised proposal.