Special board meeting agenda:
Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541)735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
January 22, 2019
8:00 am – Public Session
|The Mountain View Academy School Board encourages public input. Persons wishing to address the Board on school related issues, are invited to do so, either when the item is presented on the agenda, or under the “Public Comments” section. In the interest of time and order, presentations from the public are limited to three (3) minutes per person, and the total time for individual agenda items shall not exceed (20) minutes. An individual speaker’s allotted time may not be increased by a donation of time from members of the public in attendance. If you wish to speak under Public Comments, please complete a Public Comment Form and turn it in to Rita Fischer. The Board requests complaints or charges against an employee be held in Executive Session. Individuals who require disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the Board meeting should contact the Administrator in writing prior to the meeting.|
1.0 OPENING OF PUBLIC SESSION – MVA Office
1.1 Public Session Call to Order: 8:08 am
1.2 Attendance: Julie Valencia, Beau Garner, Stacey Kelso, Rita Fischer, Julie Curry (via phone) , and Jessica Cardwell
1.3 Approval of Agenda: Approved
2.0 PUBLIC COMMENT
**Opportunity for Citizens to address items not on the Agenda. Persons wishing to address the Board on any school related issue not listed elsewhere on the agenda are invited to do so now. Board Members are limited, but not required, to give a brief response to public statement or questions regarding non-agenda items.
- Action Items: 2019 – 2020 Laurelwood Campus plan for K-5
- Approve the closure of our Laurelwood K-5 campus.
- Laurelwood will not be able to accommodate our growth plan.
- Preschool will remain at the Laurelwood facility.
Motion: Stacey Kelso motions to close the Laurelwood K-5 campus for the 2019-2020 school year. 2nd: Julie Curry Motion unanimously passed
2. Request variance in classroom cap for the Laurelwood group being added to our Lowell campus.
- Change classroom cap to 22 for this cohort, as they move through our system.
- No additional students will be added to this class until we drop below 16, current enrollment guidelines would then apply.
- To adhere to our mission, of student-to-teacher ratio, we will be hiring a ½ time certified teacher if there are between 20-22 students in this cohort.
- To adhere to our mission, of student-to-teacher ratio, we will be hiring a full time educational assistant if there are between 17-19 students in this cohort.
Motion: Beau Garner motions to add a variance to the classroom cap-for this cohort only-and adjust it to 22, with no additional students being added to the cohort until the cohort drops below 16. 2nd: Rita Fischer Motion unanimously passed.
Meeting adjournment: 8:13 am