Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541) 735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
May 26, 2020
Remotely Via ZOOM
7:00 pm – Public Session
|The Mountain View Academy School Board encourages public input. Persons wishing to address the Board on school related issues, are invited to do so, either when the item is presented on the agenda, or under the “Public Comments” section. In the interest of time and order, presentations from the public are limited to three (3) minutes per person, and the total time for individual agenda items shall not exceed (20) minutes. An individual speaker’s allotted time may not be increased by a donation of time from members of the public in attendance. If you wish to speak under Public Comments, please complete a Public Comment Form and turn it in to Julie Curry. The Board requests complaints or charges against an employee be held in Executive Session. Individuals who require disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the Board meeting should contact the Administrator in writing prior to the meeting.|
1.0 OPENING OF PUBLIC SESSION– Bridgeway Contracting
1.1 Public Session Call to Order:
_x__ Julie Curry
__x_ Beau Garner
__x_ Rita Fisher
___ Stacey Kelso – absent due to illness
_x__ Julie Valencia
__x_ Jessica Cardwell, Director
__x_ Laurie Cardwell, Director
1.2 Approval of agenda – Agenda approved as written.
1.4 Approval of minutes –April meeting minutes approved as written.
1.5 Schedule the next meeting – Tuesday, June 16th at 7pm
- Financial Review – Everyone has received and reviewed their packets.
2.0 ACTION DISCUSSION
2.1 PreK update& building contract – The board discussed the PreK class being housed at East Valley Church for the 2020-2021 school year.
2.2 COVID-19 closure updates and planning – The board discussed COVID-19 closure and current status of MVA’s plans for the remainder of the school year and next fall.
2.3 Surplus line item funds – Discussed and no action needed.
2.4 Activity Fee Reimbursement – Rita motion to reimburse $25 of activity fee to each student enrolled at MVA for the full school year. $12.50 will be reimbursed to students joining MVA after January 1st. The reimbursements will go towards 2020-2021 activity fee unless it is already paid. Each family will receive an email. Beau seconds the motion. Motion has unanimously passed.
3.0 INFORMATION AND STUDY
3.1 Administrator’s Report
- MVA Office hours: Monday – Wednesday 10am – 2pm
- PreK teacher – Interviewed PreK candidate today.
- Aide work days – we have had several work days for our aides and they have done great! We are going to use them to move our PreK over to East Valley as well.
- Kindergarten Teacher– We have started training Kayla Olson (soon to be Devereaux). She is learning our curriculum and how to teach it from Laurie and is close with Erin, so she has been talking with her too.
- Graduation/Promotion – We were granted the permit for our graduation parade – Saturday, June 13th. Invitations will be mailed out to all MVA families tomorrow.
- Final turn in and drop off day is Thursday, June 11th from 11 – 1pm.
- Annual Report – Jessica presented the Annual Report to the Lowell School Board on May 11th. The MVA board received a copy of the annual report in the May update.
Public Session Call to Close: Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Any documents that are public records and are provided attachments to public session items on this agenda are accessible to the public on the school’s website, with the exception of documents provided at the time of the meeting. Documents that are public records and are provided at the time of the meeting to a majority of the Board regarding a public session item, will be made available for public inspection upon request to the Administrator’s Assistant.Learn More