Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541)735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
February 25, 2020
7:00 pm – Public Session
|The Mountain View Academy School Board encourages public input. Persons wishing to address the Board on school related issues, are invited to do so, either when the item is presented on the agenda, or under the “Public Comments” section. In the interest of time and order, presentations from the public are limited to three (3) minutes per person, and the total time for individual agenda items shall not exceed (20) minutes. An individual speaker’s allotted time may not be increased by a donation of time from members of the public in attendance. If you wish to speak under Public Comments, please complete a Public Comment Form and turn it in to Julie Curry. The Board requests complaints or charges against an employee be held in Executive Session. Individuals who require disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the Board meeting should contact the Administrator in writing prior to the meeting.|
1.0 EXECUTIVE SESSION – Bridgeway Contracting
1.1 Pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(i)
To review and evaluate the employment-related to performance of the chief executive officer of any public body, a public
1.2 Pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(f)
The Mountain View Academy board considered the items reflected on the Executive Session Agenda and no action was taken.
2.0 OPENING OF PUBLIC SESSION– Bridgeway Contracting
2.1 Public Session Call to Order:
_x__ Julie Curry
_x__ Beau Garner
_x__ Rita Fisher
_x__ Stacey Kelso
_x__ Julie Valencia
_x__ Jessica Cardwell, Director
_x__ Laurie Cardwell, Director
2.3 Approval of agenda: Approved agenda as written.
- Approval of minutes – January 28, 2020: Approved with no changes.
- Schedule the next meeting: March 31, 2020 at 7pm.
- Budget: Board reviewed and discussed budget.
- Financial Review: Board has received and reviewed financial packets.
3.0 ACTION DISCUSSION
3.1 Accept Director review: Beau conducted the annual review of the Director, compiled the data from the Board, as well as staff. He then provided a narrative on all the information gathered, accompanied by his inputted data into a spreadsheet. Rita moves to accept the directors review, Beau seconds, directors review was unanimously passed.
4.0 INFORMATION AND STUDY
4.1 Administrator’s Report
- Preschool/PreK location search – We do not have a location locked down. We went ahead and enrolled students. Without advertising we had 21 PreK students enroll (a lottery and 7 preschool students). We also had 5-6 calls over the last two days.
- Calendars – Our calendar differs from the Lowell School District’s for the 2020 – 2021 school year. We are starting the week before Labor Day and they are starting after & we will finish school one week prior to them.
- Every Student Succeeds Act – We are currently working on the application and budget. Our due date is April 15th.
- Observations – We created opportunity for our teachers to observe one another throughout the month of February.
- Formal Observations – we will begin formal observations (February & March) in the next couple weeks, followed closely by contract renewals (April)
- Grant budget – we are going to start working on this with Maureen. We have created our grant budget and we will be creating a new line item (SIA Grant)
Public Session Call to Close: 8:18 pm
Any documents that are public records and are provided attachments to public session items on this agenda are accessible to the public on the school’s website, with the exception of documents provided at the time of the meeting. Documents that are public records and are provided at the time of the meeting to a majority of the Board regarding a public session item, will be made available for public inspection upon request to the Administrator’s Assistant.Learn More