Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541)735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
December 17, 2018
7:00 pm – Public Session
|The Mountain View Academy School Board encourages public input. Persons wishing to address the Board on school related issues, are invited to do so, either when the item is presented on the agenda, or under the “Public Comments” section. In the interest of time and order, presentations from the public are limited to three (3) minutes per person, and the total time for individual agenda items shall not exceed (20) minutes. An individual speaker’s allotted time may not be increased by a donation of time from members of the public in attendance. If you wish to speak under Public Comments, please complete a Public Comment Form and turn it in to Erica Richardson. The Board requests complaints or charges against an employee be held in Executive Session. Individuals who require disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the Board meeting should contact the Administrator in writing prior to the meeting.|
1.0OPENING OF PUBLIC SESSION – MVA Modular Classroom 19
1.1 Public Session Call to Order at 7:01 pm
1.2 Attendance: Julie Valencia, Beau Garner, Rita Fischer, Julie Curry, Jessica Cardwell, and Laurie Cardwell
1.2.1Guests: Maureen Weathers
1.3 Approval of Agenda: Agenda Approved
1.4 Approval of Minutes: Minutes Approved
1.5 Schedule Next Meeting: January 29, 2019 at 7:00 pm
1.6 Budget: Maureen Weathers distributed updated budget reports.
1.7 Financial Report: The financial packet has been reviewed.
2.0 PUBLIC COMMENT
**Opportunity for Citizens to address items not on the Agenda. Persons wishing to address the Board on any school related issue not listed elsewhere on the agenda are invited to do so now. Board Members are limited, but not required, to give a brief response to public statement or questions regarding non-agenda items.
3.0 ACTION DISCUSSION
3.1 Discuss procedure for unpaid fees prior to re-enrollment (volunteer research): Discussed current procedures regarding activity fees.
3.2 Laurelwood 2019-2020: Multiple options were discussed for the Laurelwood campus and this topic will be revisited in the future.
3.3Approve updated combined budget 2018-2019: Beau motioned to accept the 2018-2019 budget with noted changes. Julie Curry second the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
4.0 INFORMATION AND STUDY
4.1 Administrator’s Report
- Enrollment: -1 student since November meeting. Openings in 6th & 8th grades.
- The Laurelwood campus – working with Laurelwood to finalize 2019-2020 plan.
- WinterPlay – All students in our program were showcased last week!
- MS Community Service projects: 8th grade community service project through 4Oceans. 6th grade is currently putting together “Blessing bags”.
- Boy/Girl supplies & bags for hygiene talk in January.
- Washington D.C. trip: Bake sale earned $600+ dollars. We have a “Make it -Take it” fundraiser/service provided to our MVA kids this week too.
- Field Trips – working on scheduling the final field trips for this year.
- Marketing: We begin marketing & running tours January 1st. Enrollment opens February 1st.
- Parent Volunteer Baskets: Christmas family movie night was our Sept. – Nov. basket theme.
Meeting adjournment: 8:32 pm
Any documents that are public records and are provided attachments to public session items on this agenda are accessible to the public on the school’s website, with the exception of documents provided at the time of the meeting. Documents that are public records and are provided at the time of the meeting to a majority of the Board regarding a public session item, will be made available for public inspection upon request to the Administrator’s Assistant.