Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541)735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
April 25, 2017
7:00 pm – Public Session
1.0 OPENING OF PUBLIC SESSION – MVA Modular Classroom 19
1.1 Public Session Call to Order at 7:21 pm
1.2 Attendance:Laurie Cardwell, Julie Valencia, Beau Garner, and Erica Richardson
1.2.1 Guests: none
1.3 Approval of Agenda: Strikeout 3.1 as this was discussed and approved at the last meeting.
1.4 Approval of Minutes: with correction to the attendance, Erica Richardson was present.
1.5 Schedule Next Meeting: May 23, 2017
1.6 Budget: Laurie presented the budget is consistent and the carry-over will be about 6.7% for next year. The grant has been delaying the reimbursement of expenses, in the meantime the ODE has updated us that they have resolved the delay and shouldn’t be a problem going forward.
2.0 PUBLIC COMMENT
**Opportunity for Citizens to address items not on the Agenda. Persons wishing to address the Board on any school related issue not listed elsewhere on the agenda are invited to do so now. Board Members are limited, but not required, to give a brief response to public statement or questions regarding non-agenda items.
3.0 ACTION DISCUSSION
Approve 2017-2018 Budget
3.2 Approve/Discuss Policies: The new adoption of the Policy Changes:
- Policy draft is submitted to Kelly or brought to the current board meeting.
- If possible, draft is emailed with the monthly board packet to board members for review.
- Questions/concerns/edits are brought to the scheduled board meeting to review/discuss/vote.
- If the board has approved the policy, the policy will be updated or added to the blog within 3 days. If the board has rejected the drafted policy, the policy on the blog will stand as current.
Beau Garner moves to adopt the change and additions to the Policy Change Policy, Erica Richardson seconds the motion. Motion passed unanimously.
Laurie asked about the use of sick leave.
4.0 INFORMATION AND STUDY
Erica Richardson gave notice to have the Board start looking for her replacement.
5.1 Administrator’s Report
- Overnight field trip
- Interviews and hiring : Several applicants to interview and looks like we have some really good candidates to fill our openings.
- SmarterBalanced testing will be April 25, April 26, May 3, and May 5.
- Planning final filed trips to Wings and Waves for 2nd-8th grade, Splash for K-1st grade.
- Teacher Observations completed.
- Staff Contracts have been sent out.
- ODE Site Visit on April 10, 2017 went well.
- Staff Changes: Erin will move to Kindergarten and that class will move to room 14. Jessica will move to 1st grade and that class will move to room 14. New Hire will be 2nd grade and that will move to classroom 16. New Hire will be 3rd grade and that class will move to classroom 18.
6.0 ADJOURNMENT: 8:30 pm
Any documents that are public records and are provided attachments to public session items on this agenda are accessible to the public on the school’s website, with the exception of documents provided at the time of the meeting. Documents that are public records, and are provided at the time of the meeting to a majority of the Board regarding a public session item, will be made available for public inspection upon request to the Administrator’s Assistant.