Mountain View Academy
45 S. Moss ◊ Lowell, Oregon 97452 ◊ (541)735-1709
Board of Director’s Meeting
April 26, 2016
6:00 pm – Executive Session
7:00 pm – Public Session
|The Mountain View Academy School Board encourages public input. Persons wishing to address the Board on school related issues, are invited to do so, either when the item is presented on the agenda, or under the “Public Comments” section. In the interest of time and order, presentations from the public are limited to three (3) minutes per person, and the total time for individual agenda items shall not exceed (20) minutes. An individual speaker’s allotted time may not be increased by a donation of time from members of the public in attendance. If you wish to speak under Public Comments, please complete a Public Comment Form and turn it in to Erica Richardson. The Board requests complaints or charges against an employee be held in Executive Session. Individuals who require disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the Board meeting should contact the Administrator in writing prior to the meeting.|
1.0 OPENING BUSINESS – Professional Development Center
1.1 Call to Order
1.2 Public Comment on Executive Session topics
2.0 EXECUTIVE SESSION – Lowell’s Superintendent’s Office Conference Room
2.1 Pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(i)
To review and evaluate the employment-related performance of the chief executive officer of any public body, a public officer, employee or staff member who does not request an open hearing
2.2 Pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(f)
To consider records exempt by law from public inspection.
2.3 Return to Public Session
3.0 OPENING OF PUBLIC SESSION – Professional Development Center
3.1 Public Session Call to Order: 4/26/16 @7:09 pm
3.2 Attendance:Julie Valencia, Beau Garner, Laurie Cardwell, and Erica Richardson
3.3 Approval of Agenda: The Board Approved unanimously approved the agenda.
3.4 Approval of Minutes: The Board Approved unanimously approved the agenda.
3.5 Schedule Next Meeting: May 24th @ 7 pm. Executive Board Meeting 6 pm. MVA presentation to Lowell School Board Meeting on May 23rd.
3.6 Budget: MVA received Out of District Incentive, School Maintenance Reimbursement, and Marketing Reimbursement.
4.0 PUBLIC COMMENT
**Opportunity for Citizens to address items not on the Agenda. Persons wishing to address the Board on any school related issue not listed elsewhere on the agenda are invited to do so now. Board Members are limited, but not required, to give a brief response to public statement or questions regarding non-agenda items.
5.0 ACTION DISCUSSION
5.1 Approve Jake Plahn to be MVA’s Technical Director: Beau Garner motions and Erica Richardson 2nd motion to accept Jake Plahn’s volunteer position as MVA Technology Coordinator. The Board unanimously approves.
5.2 Approve form of Joinder to Trust Agreement: The PACE insurance coverage agreement has been tabled for further discussion when there is more members in attendance.
6.0 INFORMATION AND STUDY
6.1 Marketing Report: No report.
6.2 Administrator’s Report:
- CAT testing was on April 12th. Scores will go home in the 4th quarter report cards. Next year the CAT will be replaced with MAP. The MAP testing is done on the computers and it measures academic progress as opposed to achievement.
- Smarter-Balanced testing will run April 25-29 and May 2-6. Test results are available and sent home with the first quarter report cards the following school year.
- Jake Plahn is taking care of all the technology purchases. We have 45 new devices that has made the Smarter-Balanced testing easier. The teachers are very happy! The students and teachers have started using some of the new PE equipment that has been purchased so far with the grant money and they are loving that as well.
- Summer Packets will go home with the students who are returning for the 2016-2017 school year, on June 9, 2016.
- Our enrollment is now up to 111 after receiving a new student in 7th grade. Our enrollment for next fall is currently stands at 127, with one spot open in the 7th grade and two spots open in the 8th grade
Meeting Adjourned at 7:50 pm
Any documents that are public records and are provided attachments to public session items on this agenda are accessible to the public on the school’s website, with the exception of documents provided at the time of the meeting. Documents that are public records, and are provided at the time of the meeting to a majority of the Board regarding a public session item, will be made available for public inspection upon request to the Administrator’s Assistant.