Resolved by Mountain View Academy, That enrollment will be determined using the following process.
ENROLLMENT AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Mountain View Academy Charter School is open to all students who apply and complete all admission and registration requirements. The Charter School is operated by the Mountain View Academy School Board and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, gender, national or ethnic origin, income level, disability, proficiency in the English language or athletic ability. Mountain View Academy awards all students the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to or made available to students enrolled in our Charter School.
Admission means that the student has been enrolled through the registration process; successfully completed the lottery process; has completed placement testing; and has been formally accepted as a student by Mountain View Academy Charter School. Parents/guardians must accept the offer of enrollment and are given 24 hours to accept/decline.
Enrollment preference, in the following order shall be given to:
- Currently enrolled students
- Siblings of currently enrolled students, and staff children
- In District applicants
- Out of District applicants
These preferences apply only during the enrollment window.
Should the Charter School receive fewer applications than the maximum number of students allowed, the Charter School will then accept applications, and place students on a first come – first served basis.
Should the Charter School receive more applications than the maximum number of students allowed, the Charter School will then hold a lottery based on the above mentioned preferences. There will be a wait list compiled to reflect applicants not granted admission. Please see “Filling vacancies during the school year” below.
The current year wait list expires on the last day of school.
Registration and admission procedures for new students:
- Student applicants must complete, and turn in a registration packet during the enrollment window of February 1-15th to have their name placed into the lottery process. The $50.00 registration fee must be included with the packet to be eligible for the lottery.
- Parents of newly enrolled students will be contacted, student tested, and placed accordingly.
Taking into consideration the unique program at our school, the child’s past educational background, and the results of the tests administered, the administrator will make a determination for the grade placement of the child (kindergarten to be the exception). The parents have the choice to accept the placement as offered, or consider another school to meet their child’s educational needs.
Registration and admission procedures for returning students:
- Student applicants must complete, and turn in a registration packet each year during the enrollment window of February 1-15th to have their child re-enrolled. The $50.00 registration fee must be included with the packet to secure their enrollment. If returning students fail to enroll within the designated time frame at the school office, they will forfeit their continual enrollment position.
Filling vacancies during the school year:
- Vacancies are filled according to the wait list. Wait lists are determined first by the lottery process, then additional names are added to the bottom of the wait list as new applications are received throughout the school year.
- In the event there is not an applicant available on the current year’s wait list, we will draw from the next school year wait list to fill the vacancy. This could only occur after February 16th. Otherwise, the position will remain open.