Posts made in November, 2013

11/25 Lowell School Board Meeting

Posted by on Nov 27, 2013 in Blog

Laurie, Kelly, and I attended the school board meeting on Monday. They discussed their current plans for Lundy and the high school. They are going to proceed with a plan to replace the roof and windows in the west wing. They also discussed the toxicology and air quality report they received. The only item that came back was non toxic mold they believe is coming from the areas where the roof leaks.

A vote to approve the completeness of our charter school proposal took place. It was unanimously approved. While discussing the proposal Jim mentioned that he couldn’t access the web site and would like a copy of our proposed budget. I texted Jim’s daughter-in-law during the meeting and she said she would have Jim’s son visit him tomorrow and make sure he could get on the site. I have also emailed Jim a link to the proposed budget. Suzanne said she wanted a copy of our parent contract. I’m going to send this to her in the next day or two.

The date for the public forum has been set. It will take place on December 16th.

Learn More

more nonprofit application items

Posted by on Nov 25, 2013 in Blog

• Schedule B of Form 1023 (IRS nonprofit application) requires us to Attach a list of your incorporators, founders, board members, and donors of land or buildings, whether individuals or organizations. I’m going to export the following list to a pdf and use it:
  • Incorporators
    • Jake Plahn
    • Dionne Plahn
    • Kelly Harris
  • Founders
    • Laurie Cardwell
    • Cheryl Neet
    • Jessica Cardwell
    • Kirsten Cardwell
    • Rick Garlitz
    • Tammy Garlitz
  • The final item I need is our non discriminatory published in a local newspaper. I’m going to have it published in the Springfield Times. Their next publication comes out on Friday, so I’ll mail in the application on Saturday.
Learn More

Finishing the nonprofit application

Posted by on Nov 24, 2013 in Blog

• I’ve created a documents listing page on the web site. This page will contain a link to any and all documents that we create or have to fill out. In order for a document to show up on this page it must be uploaded and attached to the Documents page.
  • The application has been reviewed and it’s ready to go. I’m going to email it to Kelly and Laurie to have them take a look and then send it off on Monday.
Learn More

Hiring employees

Posted by on Nov 22, 2013 in Blog

I asked Andrea (Lowell’s attorney) if we had to advertise our teacher and staff positions next year. She said that as long as we are nondiscriminatory and don’t have a collective bargaining agreement (which we don’t) that there is no legal reason why we can’t hire whomever we want for our open positions.

Learn More