Posts made in October, 2013

Finalizing the proposal

Posted by on Oct 31, 2013 in Blog

We are going to submit our proposal to Lowell tomorrow. I checked the state regulations to see if we had to submit a printed hard copy of our proposal or if we could send them a link to the proposal on our web site. ORS 338.045 states “(1) An applicant seeking to establish a public charter school shall submit a written proposal to a school district board”. Looks like we have to send a written hard copy. I’ve added a link to the proposal web pages, so they know there is a digital copy available.

I sent out an email to the group yesterday asking for any last minute updates. I received a few responses and made the requested updates.

I started the process of setting up the MVA web site at mtviewacademy.org. I’ve got the basic hosting and email setup. Now I need to transfer all of the content from fallcreekcharter.com to the new site. I’ve decided to use SSL for all of the pages to secure the WordPress login and future software packages we install for registration and learning management.

Learn More

Final Reviews of the Proposal

Posted by on Oct 14, 2013 in Blog

We are doing our final reviews of the proposal. I’ve sent it off to Dionne, Laurie, Kirsten, Laurie, and Kelly. We are required to submit a printed copy of the proposal, so I exported it to pdf emailed it out and reviewed it. During my review I found some minor formatting and grammar issues that I fixed on the web site version.

Learn More