Continued work on LSD Policy and Requirements

I’ve continued my work on satisfying the Lowell specific requirements for our proposal. I’ve completed all of the sections except for Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment and State and Federal Mandates/Special Education.

We took a second tour of Lundy on Monday with Laurie, Kirsten, Kelly, and Dave. Everyone agreed that if the building is not toxic and the roof doesn’t leak then it is a suitable location for us next year.

Lowell has a requirement for charter proposals that states “A description of the philosophy and mission of the public charter school [and how it differs from the district’s current program and philosophy]”. We have our philosophy and mission, but I can’t find Lowell’s on their web site. I emailed Walt and got the following response:
—–
We apparently do not have a strategic plan in place. Thus, the best I can do is to send to you the attached. FYI…In January, we will be developing a strategic plan for the District….we hope you will be part of the process.
—–

He also sent me two documents. One is the “Lowell School District #71 Superintendent Action Plan”. This document lists out the districts action plan and doesn’t necessarily address their program and philosophy.  The other document is the “Lowell School District 71 Goals 2012-2013”. This lists out their curriculum, facilities, and communication goals, but doesn’t specifically state their philosophy and mission. I’m going to note this in our proposal and we can always make an update if Lowell would like more specific details on how our differs from theirs.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email