Curriculum and TSPC registered

Jessica has completed the curriculum section of our Proposal – http://www.fallcreekcharter.com/our-proposal/. Thanks Jess.

In a previous post I mentioned that I emailed a question to the TSPC. Here’s my questions:

What is the difference between being licensed with the TSPC and registered with the TSPC? I’m starting a charter school and ORS 338.135 says that 50% of our FTE teaching and administrative staff shall be licensed. It also says that the other 50% need to be registered.

and here is their response:

A registration is usually for someone that has not completed a teacher education program or has not met full requirements to hold a full time state teaching license. In all cases teachers must meet HQ requirements.”

I’ve also emailed them the following additional questions:

• If our charter school is going to employ a non licensed administrator and this person is already licensed with the TSPC as a teacher does this license fulfill the requirement set forth by ORS 338.135? Or do they need to fill out a separate Form C-1 and check the “Charter School Registration: Administrator”?
  • If we want to employ an administrator that is not licensed, does the administrator need to meet HQ requirements? Or do we just need to make sure they are registered with the TSPC by filling out Form C-1 and checking the “Charter School Registration: Administrator”?
Print Friendly, PDF & Email